I thought I would give everyone a little taste of Kailua. I previously shared pictures of our cottage so I decided to share pictures of our church and community.
We live about 1/2 mile from the beach and about 1 mile from main street. The main street of Kailua is pretty small, but contains a few gems, such as: Starbucks, Coldstone, and MACY'S! :) When I first drove through I thought to myself, "I am definitely not in Sioux Center anymore." I am still not used to living this close to these stores, but that is probably better for our budget. I hope to make Starbucks more of a habit in the near future, after I get my first paycheck. :)
First Presbyterian Church of Honolulu at Ko'olau (http://www.fpchawaii.org/)
"It feels like HOME." Those were the first comments we made after attending our first church service at First Prez. This church is home to 1,300 members from all over the island of Oahu. It is a bit more contemporary than what we are used to but we love it! The praise and worship singing is excellent and really prepares your heart for the message. We also appreciate the genuine enthusiasm and joy we see in the congregation and pastor at church. Being "excited to be at church" is rather refreshing. Ben first came across it before I moved down. He was looking for a job at a golf course and found the church. How does that work?! The church actually owns the whole golf course and the building on it which is used for a proshop, banquet hall, and church.
It is located in the most beautiful place in the entire world. At the base of the mountains. Unfortunately the pictures do NOT do justice to the beauty of God's creation here.
Our Church
First Prez
We have been blessed to have quickly found this church and become involved in a Young Couple's group. We have had the opportunity to meet some of the couples in our group this past Sunday and join them for lunch at the church. It felt good to begin meeting people in our community.
Here are some more pictures of the scenery. I promise, it never gets old!
Ben getting in some practice swings.
Overlooking Kailua
Castle Medical Center (large white building)
We drive through the mountains to get to the other side of the island.
Beautiful views from the Pali Lookout
No comments:
Post a Comment