
As I write this, my calves are still burning and I am regretting the decision I made this morning to run along the beach.
Here is where I came up with this idea to run along the beach. We have been to the beach almost every day since we have moved here to Kailua. Kailua beach is known as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Something else that rocks your world about this beach is the people on it. People are very laid back and don't care what anyone things about them. Case and Point:
Very frequently there are women literally running down the beach in their skivvies or skimpy swimwear. They aren't trying to imitate a Baywatch scene, rather they are doing it as a work out! This just rocked my world (and Ben's :). It made no sense to me why someone would wear that during a run!? So me, the one who enjoys running, took this on as a challenge! I tried out this beach running, but ran in much more than my skivvies. I also ran barefoot, which is very common.
So, I made it four miles and finished with a few blisters. During my run, I learned a lot. I learned to dodge all the small jellyfish washed up on shore, watch out for the crabs burrowing in the sand, run on the firm sand as long as you can, and that running on sand can be a great exfoliant for your feet and can cause blisters at the same time.
One of the most refreshing things during these beach runs, is that occasionally the water will come up higher on the shore than you expect and the coolness on your feet will refresh and cool your entire body. It is glorious! Seeing God's creativity this morning through his creation in the waves, white sandy beach, and the sunrise was definitely worth the blisters! :)
And one final note: I think I have convinced Ben to join with me next time :). I will let you know when that happens!
Have a great Wednesday!
looks beautiful Janell!!! Hope you guys are adjusting well!
ReplyDeleteWow. Sounds like you are jumping right into life on the beach! As good as my 3 mile run felt today, OC streets can't quite compete with a Hawaiian beach. We miss you!
ReplyDelete