June 21st.
(First I need to apologize for no blog updates for a bit. Our laptop crashed on Thursday and our parents had to ship our desktop to us. We just got it in the mail this afternoon after not expecting it to come for a few more days! What a blessing! :)
I had another job interview. It was at the same hospital I had previously interviewed at, but on a different floor.(Med/Surg) The nurse manager was not very "excited" about the floor he managed. That gave me a bad vibe about the interview. It also only took 30 minutes when the other interviews took an hour or more. The manager also told me that they had all the isolation patients on their floor, (NOT my most favorite to take care of, no offense :) because the surical/ortho and oncology couldn't have infected patients because of the risk. The other two interviews ended with, "you are our top candidate for the job" or "we are really interested in you." This one ended promptly with a: "thanks for the interview" comment.
So, that interview made me realize that any of the other two positions I interviewed for would be perfect for me! Those nurse managers were so excited to interview me and about the floor they worked on. I appreciated that.
I decided to call my nurse recruiter after that interview to just "touch base" with her about the other positions. Susan told me that she needed to quick look into things and call me back. Because the hospital I interviewed at was on the other side of the island, and Ben had a day off we decided to stay and hang out at Waikiki beach.
While we were there soaking in the sun, I received a call and a job offer from Susan for a full-time position at Straub Hospital in Honolulu. We were so excited I got the job, and so soon after I moved down. I don't officially start with orientation until July 12. It's called corporate orientation and they only offer it twice a month, that is why I start in a few weeks. It pretty much is the basic hospital orientation that everyone needs to attend. It will be a day of policies, mission statements, safety, and benefits. After this day, I will get into the computer training orientation for the floor. It is potentially the same computer system we were getting into at Orange City, called EPIC. I know there is different forms of this but it may be somewhat familiar.
So that is the newest job situation for me! Not sure if I mentioned this before but this position is on a Surgical/Orthopedic floor where the surgeon does "minimally invasive" replacements. The manager told me that the length of stay was dramatically reduced with this procedure and patients with total knee procedures stay only one to two nights! That is incredible.
So I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me with this new job. This is such a huge blessing for us. Living on one income in Hawaii isn't the easiest.
So many have been praying for us and for this to fall into place and we are so thankful for that! Thanks again to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment