Friday, June 25, 2010

Family Farm Update

Early this evening (June 25th)  I found out that a Tornado that passed through my parents' farm. My mom had texted me that they were in the closet in the basement because of a tornado near by and that they could hear debris hitting the house. This had to be a very scary situation. I cannot imagine.

THANKFULLY,  no one was hurt and the house was NOT damaged. My dad's hog nursery was however completely destroyed. As my mom said, "it is a total loss and the destruction is unbelievable." But as she reminded me, the building is replaceable. They will be up early in the morning to move all the pigs to other buildings and start the clean-up process. Ironically the pigs were unharmed and unaware of the destruction around them. So far, all of the other farm buildings seem to be unharmed.

I just wanted to ask for prayers for my family during this  time. I wish I could be there to help them out, but my mom said she did not need me to fly home at this time. I am thankful there are lots of aunts and uncles and family members that were around tonight after the storm and will be there the upcoming week to help them. You just feel helpless when you are so far away and this happens to your family. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. THANKS! - Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment