Saturday, July 3, 2010

Out and About...

We really enjoy biking/running on a route in Kailua. I wanted to take pictures and show the route through our eyes.

Here is the beginning of the bike trail.



A view from the trail going through Kailua Beach Park.


Here is where we usually see my biggest running fan. He is a homeless fellow who spends a majority of his day laying on this very bench. He is there for everyone of my runs. The other day I got more than I bargained for during my run. I was blinded by a white butt while running by. He decided to have his pants pulled down to his knees and his bum facing the bike trail. I was thinking it was quite warm out that day, but he took things a bit too far. I was shocked at what I saw, but felt worse for the poor children playing near him.



Here is the beginning of a killer hill. Only the strong can survive running/biking up it without stopping. It separates the boys from the men.




As you can see, she even hopped off her bike. :)



Finally! Arrived to the top.


The views from the Lanikai hill are breathtaking!




Here is the beach entry to Lanikai.

Another beautiful beach.



And now we are heading back home.


 
Heading back up the hill.


 

God is GOOD!

 

"The heavens declare the Glory of God..."




Now we are on our road, about one block from our cottage.



This is where we park and is the back of our cottage. Our landlord's house is to the left and in front of ours.


Our front door.
 

Here is a picture of our pet Gecko that tries to sneak in to our apartment. Only one of his friends has been successful so far.



There is a very good story behind this picture. We got these super sweet beach chairs the other day from our new favorite store "Costco." We can strap them on our backs just like backpacks and head down to the beach. Do we look dorky? ABSOLUTELY! Are they exactly what we needed? YES!



Ben is  embarrassed. He feels like I am a mom taking pictures of my preschooler on the first day of school. :) 



Did I mention they were "bike friendly?" Even better!



That is just a little update on life and what we are keeping busy with these days. I have one more week off before I begin work, and cannot wait to get back into it again. Ben continues to stay busy and enjoy his scribing work at Castle.

We are blessed beyond all belief! Hope you have had a great holiday weekend and week to come!


"You may not know where life's road will lead you. But keep moving. God is walking with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment